- 2 lb thick cut smoked bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 8 cups onions, chopped
- 1 cup minced fresh garlic
- 12 lbs boneless skinless Norbest Turkey Thigh Meat, cut into cubes
- 2 cups tomato paste
- 2.5 lbs Norbest Turkey Sausage, cut into ¼ inch slices
- 2.5 Tbsp dried thyme leaves
- 2 quarts diced canned tomatoes, drained
- 4 lb dry Great Northern beans (soaked overnight)
- 1 gallon chicken broth
- 12 bay leaves
- 1 Tbsp ground black pepper
- Minced fresh parsley for garnish
Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat a large sauté pan on the stove over medium heat, add the bacon and cook until the bacon is well browned but not crisp (do not drain grease). Add the onions and garlic and cook in the bacon grease until onions begin to brown. Add the turkey thigh meat pieces and cook until they are beginning to brown. Add the tomato paste and stir until all the ingredients are coated. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Add turkey sausage slices, thyme, bay leaves, ground pepper, tomatoes, beans and broth and stir to combine. Cover with a circle of parchment paper and bring to a boil. Transfer pot to the preheated oven and bake at 350°F for 90 minutes or until the turkey thigh meat is fork tender.
Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley right before serving.